Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's About Time

Remember that silly lyric...as a child?
"it's about time, it's about space, it's about time to slap your face?"

Well. I realized something this morning, as I relished the space of
some time off from my dear little pressure cooker--it takes time.
It takes time.

Perfect doesn't happen overnight. Or in 7 weeks. Even symphonies have
to practice practice practice and play together, and tune, and get to know
the mindsets and heartbeats and rhythms of all the people on the team.

"It's like you are from Yugoslavia, and he is from Nagaland. You don't speak the
same languages, or even have the ability to communicate in anything common or
recognized."

This was my advice to a co-worker who is having a giant misunderstanding with another co-worker. And I take heart. It takes time to tune in, people.

I'm gonna be more patient.
It's about time. It's about space. And no slappin. Just grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment